SKU stands for Stock Keeping Unit. SKUs are unique identifiers used to keep track of your listings. Each SKU represents an item (ASIN) with a condition associated to it. You may have multiple quantity associated with one SKU and in order to create a separate offer for the same item, you need a new SKU.
Merchant SKUs are mandatory for creating new listings on Amazon so here is how you can use Seller Engine Plus to generate them.
Set up the SKU Configuration first
Before adding items first you need to make sure that the SKU configuration is set up the way you want it. Follow steps below to set it up:
• From the Inventory menu, choose 'SKU Configuration'.
• In the SKU configuration dialog, on the upper left side, put in any Static Identifiers. These will be the same in each SKU.
• In the SKU configuration dialog, on the upper right side, create your 'Sequence 1 position'. This will allow you to create a format for incrementing your SKUs.
○ Next to the words 'Sequence 1 Position' select or type the number with which you want your first SKU to start.
○ Next to the words 'with no. of digits' select or type the minimum number of digits for the number that will increment. Example: If the number of digits is set to 4 and your Sequence 1 position set to 25, SellerEngine Plus generates the number 0025.
• Go to the box at the bottom of the SKU configuration screen that says 'Merchant-SKU' and click on the 'Add' button below.
• Click under the Value field next to the number 1 that appears. A dropdown menu will appear:
• Choose the Value you want for the beginning of your SKU. Each of the fields in the configuration screen can be assigned values which can be added to your SKUs.
• Repeat steps 4-6 to add another part of your SKU. You can add several different parts to your SKU, or keep it simple, just repeat the Add process for each part. You can choose separators to make your SKU more readable, and you can use the Move Up and Move Down buttons under the Merchant SKU box to arrange them.
• For the part of your SKU you want to increment, choose 'Sequence 1'. That will start with the number you chose in Sequence 1 and increment from there with each new SKU.
Note: You can also set up the 'Sequence 2 position' and use it in your SKUs.
• To set up Local SKU's, follow the same process on the Local SKU box in the lower right side of the dialog box.
• When your SKUs are configured the way you want them, click 'OK'.
Note: If you plan to install SE Plus on multiple computers make sure to change the default SKU configuration on each computer right after finishing the installation so that if you add new items you don't generate duplicate SKUs.
If you have items that are already in your inventory which have incorrect SKUs assigned or do not have any SKUs assigned, you can reassign their values using your new automatic SKUs:
• Select the items in your inventory whose SKUs you want to change.
• From the Inventory menu, choose 'Reassign SKU Values for Selected Items' or right-click on selection and choose 'Reassign SKU Values'. A dialog box appears.
• Check the boxes if you want to restrict which items get reassigned. Otherwise leave them blank.
• Look at the sample SKU displayed in the box. To edit it, click the Configure button below it and edit your SKU configuration as described in the section above.
• Click 'OK'. Your SKUs are reassigned.
Here is a tutorial video that explains how SKUs can be configured and assigned: