The sorter allows you to set up rules using criteria such as sales rank or competition prices to determine whether or not it's worth keeping an item in inventory, and/or sending it to FBA.
The sorter creates two kinds of rules, keepers and throwers, which alert you to either keep the items and list them, or to discard them or postpone listing them. One sorter rule can have multiple keepers and throwers, or can be made up of just one keeper or one thrower.
- Open the sorter either form the
Editwindow or from the
- Edit window:
- Quick Add Window:
- Name the sorter filter.
- Select the type of filter to be configured:
Keeper, which will set the value to
keepif the condition is met, or
Thrower, which sets the value to
throwif the condition is not met.
- Previously configured filters can be edited by going to the
Modify filterarea and selecting a filter to modify from the drop down list.
- Click 'Next' to go to the configuration window.
- Set values from the drop down list to define a filter rule.
- For each condition there are three actions:
|Add condition||Adds a new condition to the filter. The two conditions are connected with a
|Remove condition||Removes the condition from the filter|
|Expand condition||Expands the current condition, allowing for a more advanced filtering.|
- After the conditions are set, name the filter and press NEXT to go to the final window where you are presented with three choices:
- Add a new keeper to the sorter
- Add a new thrower to the sorter
Adding a new keeper or thrower to the sorter will create an OR statement.
- When you have added all the conditions you need to this sorter, click
- Create a sorter.
- Assign the sorter to your inventory through the edit dialog, or add new items through the Quick Add window, with your sorter selected.
- Run a price check if you chose to add the sorter to items already in inventory.
- Right click on the items and then click on Run Sorter.
The results will appear in the 'SorterResult' column. If you cannot find it in the grid, it means that you have to make it visible using the Customize Inventory Grid option.
When entering items through the Quick Add dialog, an alert will play as the item is sorted. The
Sorter Result column contains the result of the filter, and the
Sorter column shows the name of the sorter used.