New items are added to the local inventory database using either the New Inventory Item dialog. If you want to list FBA and want to add items to inventory and shipments use the Quick Add tab.
To open up the New Inventory Item window you can take the following actions:
1) From the Inventory menu, select 'Add Book' or 'Add Other Item' and choose the type of item you are adding.
2) In the main toolbar click the 'Add' button and select the type of item you are adding.
NOTE: These item type options are just templates so you can use either one if you add items that don't belong to these predefined item types.
The New Inventory Item window pops up with the template for the item type you are adding. If you are adding several items with similar characteristics, you may want to edit and save your template so that you won't have to set the same values in the same fields for each new item you add.
• To add new SKUs you can use your barcode scanner to scan the item in to the Product ID field. Before scanning make sure all details are set for the item (Quantity, Reprice schema, Paid Price, Minimum Price, etc.). then use your scanner to fill in the Product ID or type in the Product ID (ASIN, UPC, EAN, or ISBN) for the item.
• To assign SKUs for the items make sure that the SKU configuraiton is set up according to your needs. You can also assign SKU values to items after they are added.
• Using the dialog, select the correct condition for your item.
• Enter any other information you would like to add for the item at this time. This information can also be edited later.
• In the 'Product ID' text entry box under 'Item Details', enter the ISBN, ASIN or UPC number of your item.
• If you use your scanner, if it is set up to automatically send a carriage return for you, it will have the effect of choosing 'Add', and the item will be added, leaving the dialog up for your next product entry.
• If you typed in the product ID, press the 'Enter' key to add the item and keep the dialog box up, or click 'Add & Close' to add the item and keep the template up for the next item.
• If you do not know the product ID for your item, you can find it using a title search.
• When you are finished adding items, choose Add & Close for your last item. If the dialog is empty and you have no more items to add, click 'Cancel' to close the dialog.
• If there are multiple ASINs in the Amazon catalog associated with the same product ID, you are given the option to choose under which catalog page to list your item (see screen shot below). You can also set the software to automatically choose the ASIN with the best sales rank in Preferences.
Choosing one of the ASINs populates the 'ASIN 1' field in order to tell the software which ASIN to use for price check.
• After you've added a new item the software checks your inventory database for duplicates using the Product ID field then retrieves the ASIN and it checks for duplicates again using this field as well. If a duplicate is found and it has the same condition as the item you are adding then the "Possible Duplicate Offer" popup window appears (see screen shot below) giving you two options: to create a separate listing or to update the quantity, local SKU, and item note for the already existing listing.
New Inventory Item window fields
|Item Details for Book|
|Product ID||Scanned bar code, ISBN, EAN, ASIN, or UPC|
|Magnifying glass and globe icon||Action: Opens Amazon's web page of listings available for sale for the ProductID entered in your browser.|
|Released||Date item was released - value retrieved from Amazon.|
|Title||Title of item - value retrieved from Amazon.|
|Manufacturer||Company which provides the item; publisher in the case of books - value retrieved from Amazon.|
|Condition||Once an item has been listed you cannot change its condition without removing and relisting it. Select conditions from a drop-down menu of standard Amazon conditions.|
|Media||Hardback, paperback, etc. - value retrieved from Amazon.|
|Media Number||Number of items contained in an item (for example a book can consist of 2 volumes or an audio disc of 2 cds) - value retrieved from Amazon.|
|Weight||Weight of the item - value retrieved from Amazon.|
|Weight icon||Action: allows you to select unit of weight measurment|
|Merchant SKU||Your Merchant-assigned Stock Keeping Unit. Once an item is listed, you cannot change its SKU without removing and relisting it.|
|Filing Cabinet Icon||Opens the SKU Configuration dialog.|
|Local SKU||A local Stock Keeping Unit. Can be automatically assigned or entered manually.|
|Browse Path||The path to take when browsing on Half.com for a specific item. Sample browse path: Foreign Language:Spanish:Drama|
|Image URL||Web location for an image of the item.|
|Asin 1||ASIN for alternate publication of the same product.|
|Asin 2||ASIN for alternate publication of the same product.|
|Asin 3||ASIN for alternate publication of the same product.|
|Price||Your listing price for the item.|
|Paid Price||The price you paid for the item.|
|Quantity||The number of items of this description which you have available for sale.|
|Shipping Fee||Your shipping fee.|
|Ship To||Select from drop-down menu. Default is the same as United States only. Worldwide means International Shipping is available.|
|Location||Additional location information you may want to track.|
|Offer Expedited Shipping||Check the box to make expedited shipping available for the item.|
|Minimum Price||The minimum price you are willing to sell the item for. This can be referenced in your reprice schemas.|
|Reprice Schema||Select one of your reprice schemas from the drop-down menu to apply it to the item.|
|Sorter||This dropdown allows you to assign a Sorter to the item|
|Sorter Wizard button||Opens the Sorter Wizard allowing you to configure a new sorter|
|Add to shipment||Checking this option will add the item also to a FBA shipment|
|Add cases||When this option is checked two new fiedls appear:
|Check This Item Now||Check this box to run a price check for this item as it is added. Note: This is selected by default as part of the book template, but not for the other product types. You may wish to enable it and save the setting for the other product types as well.|
|Print Label||Check the box to print a label for the item when the dialog is closed. Note: A label will not be printed when adding an item unless both checkboxes 'Check this item now' and 'Print label' are checked.|
|Required||Shows the color in which required fields are highlighted.|
|More Details for Book|
|Authors||Authors and/or Editors of the item - value retrieved from Amazon.|
|Edition||Enter edition of the item.|
|Size||Enter size description for the item.|
|Popup description editing after scan||Description box opens after scanning item for editing.|
|Description/Comments||The information typed here will be displayed as the Item Note for the item.|
|Description icon||Action: Opens the list of commonly used phrases. Selecting one will append it to the contents of your Description field. Select 'Edit Phrases' from the list to edit the list of phrases.|
|Save as Template||Action: Allows you to modify the template for the item type you are editing.|
|Set Tab Order||Action: opens the Customize Tab Order dialog to assign the order in which you can tab through the fields while entering data.|