Your preferences need to be configured for SellerEngine Plus to work properly. Access them by selecting 'Preferences' from the File menu.
- Network timeout - the time (in seconds) that SellerEngine Plus will wait for a connection request to be fulfilled. You may need to use higher values if your connection is slow.
- HTTP Proxy - if you use a proxy to access internet resources, specify your settings in the provided fields. Otherwise, leave them blank.
- Update notifications - if checked, SellerEngine Plus will check whether a new version is available upon startup.
- My Amazon account is: SellerCentral or SellerCentral+FBA
Indicate if you also sell through FBA; you can select the +FBA option even if you are not yet enrolled in the Fulfillment by Amazon Program.
- Selling Partner API: SellerEngine Plus users need to authorize access to Amazon's Selling Partner API through the Amazon Seller account.
- Your Merchant ID: is populated after establishing authorization for access to the SP-API.
Note: Each SellerEngine Plus subscription is linked to one Amazon account email. If you need to change the email, Seller ID, or Seller Nickname for your account, log in here to update. You may change your Amazon account email up to three times. If you need to change the seller account linked to your SellerEngine Plus license, please contact our support team.
- Template Type: SellerEngine gives you two template types to use for uploading. It can be either Inventory Loader (for Media Sellers) or Offer (for Non Media Sellers)
- Delete Type for Media Items (For Non Media Items deleting an item is completely removing it): Choose between Close Listings (SKU Reuse) or Completely Remove Listings.
- This panel allows you to order the priority in which conditions will be ranked during price check or when sorting the sellers' offers in the Price Check tab. Select the condition you would like to move, and use the green arrows to change its position in the list. The conditions at the top are prioritized when filters apply during repricing and when sorting items.
These features only apply to Marketplace items in your inventory. They will NOT apply to FBA orders or update quantities for items contained by any of your shipments.
- Select a logo and type in a header to customize your packing slips.
- Download orders before uploading your inventory - if checked, when you upload your listings to Amazon SellerEngine Plus will automatically download your orders for you. This feature is useful in combination with the quantity decrease feature (see below) as it will ensure that you don't relist any sold items. Note: This is only the default setting; you can override it in the upload confirmation window. This will also not retrieve orders during the time you are running Automatic Repricing.
- Decrease quantity for associated inventory items - if checked, this will match items in your inventory with sold items from your orders (based on their SKU values) and will decrease the sold quantity of the item from the corresponding inventory item. Note: We highly recommend you use this feature, especially in combination with downloading orders before uploading.
- Delete item when quantity reaches zero - if checked, items whose quantity decreases to 0 after orders are downloaded will be deleted from your SellerEngine inventory rather than remaining with the quantity set to 0.
- Automatically acquire sold items every X hours - if checked, this triggers a background process which downloads orders at the interval specified. Please note that this requires the correct Amazon login information to be stored, as you will not be prompted for it.
Price Check Settings
- When multiple ASINs are available for my item: 'Ask me which one to use' or 'Always pick the ASIN with the best sales rank'. When an item has more than one catalog page, we'll show you the duplicates and ask you which one to use. If you always want to use the item with the best sales rank, change the default here. NOTE: You will still get asked to pick the catalog page corresponding to your item when the multiple catalog options available belong to different item categories.
- Retrieve ImageURL from Amazon - When this is checked the image URL of the item is displayed. Uncheck this if you wish to use your own photos.
- When reference prices are not available, set it to Null instead of zero - If there is no information on which to base your price, if this box is selected your price will be changed to Null. Items cannot be listed on Amazon with a Null price.
- Shipping Credit Estimation (Domestic): Books, VHS Videotapes, CDs, Cassettes, Vinyl, and DVDs. Defaults to standard Amazon costs for shipping. Edit these for shipment bands if your prices differ.
NOTE: Set all values to zero if you want to reprice your items based on the shipping price assigned through Shipping Plans you have created in Seller Central.
- Select label printer - The printer you select will be used for printing item labels. If no value is set, SellerEngine Plus uses the system-wide default printer.
- Select label report type - Select from SKU Label or UPC Label depending on what you would like to print on the label. Please note that labels will not print if you do not have inventory for the item.
- Select Label type - From the drop-down menu, select the size of labels you are using. Choose 'Custom Width' x1 -1 per page to use a Dymo printer. We suggest using a Zebra LP2844 printer with 2x1 labels. You can also use the 30 per page option to use your laser printer.
- Advanced Settings - If you are having issues when scanning or fitting a bar code on a label, try to adjust the bar width of the bar code.
- Paper Orientation - Portrait or Landscape.
- Print labels even if the title has not been retrieved - Check this box if you want labels printed for items that do not have a title listed in your inventory list.
- Do not print labels if sorter result is "throw" - If you are using a sorter while printing inventory labels, this option will not print a label you don't need if the result is throw.
- Save reprice log information - If checked, a log of your changes will be saved. The log is accessible from from the 'View Reprice Log' button in the 'Price Check' tab in the lower portion of your screen.
- Do not save offer buckets in the database - If checked, pricing is not displayed in the 'Price Check' tab.
- Save FBA Requests/Responses log - If checked, a log of any errors during the FBA process will be saved.
- Highlight deleted items - if checked, items in your inventory which have a 'delete' flag set will be highlighted. Checking this option might slow down application performance.
- Confirm inventory item delete - if checked, when you choose to delete an item from your inventory you will get a warning asking you if you really want to delete the item.
- Check ISBNs after importing a file - if checked, after importing a file, you will be prompted to check ISBN integrity.
- Play sounds for unknown products - Checking this box will play a sound when an item is returned as unknown.
- Play sounds for errors - Checking this box will play a sound when an item errors.
- Play sounds for sorter - Checking this box will play a sound when an item meets your sorter settings.
- Compact database when closing the application - This option should be checked by default. When closing SellerEngine Plus, it is advisable to compact the database every time to keep your database a manageable size.
- Default Windows Client - automatically opens your default email application.
- SePlus Email Client (allows you to use email templates).In the 'SMTP Server' area write the name of the server that you will use, and then select the port that will be used. The default port is 25. If you want to select a different port, you can do so by editing the 'Port' field. After this, enter your e-mail address, your user name and the pasword that you have for that e-mail account. In case you want to use a secure connection select between SSL or TSL. When you are done click 'Test connection' to verify that the settings are correct.
The following settings are required by SellerEngine Plus to interact with the Amazon FBA platform and they are only displayed if the user has registered as a Sellercentral+FBA subscriber in the Amazon Information area. If you do not enter your ship from address, you will run into errors during your credential check.
Label Type - "Seller labels the items in the shipment" or "Amazon labels the item in the shipment".
Select the option that meets your label needs.
- Seller name - the nickname of your Amazon account
- Country - Must be the two character abbreviation of your country, ie, US.
- Address line 1
- Address line 2
- State code (US only) - use CAPITAL letters when entering your State code (NY, FL, CA, etc.)
- Postal code
- Maximum items in shipment - Default is 1500.
You can also type in the State information and select United States as a country, regardless of the SellerEngine locale version. So, if you use SellerEngine UK and have an US shipping address, you can set up SellerEngine Plus to send the FBA shipments from an US address to UK Amazon warehouse.